Benefits of hosting mason bees
- Increased yield of your fruit trees (apples, pears, cherries, plums, etc.) and berry bushes (raspberries, blueberries)
- Better pollination of our native plants by the mason bees allows them to grow healthier and bigger, which in turn aids in better filtration of our air and water cleaning our environment
- Bees that you raise in your backyard will be taken the following year to local farms to pollinate crops that will eventually be sold in our grocery stores
- Some bees naturally disperse and lay their eggs in your yard, so you are helping to boost local populations of these native bees too.
- Great teaching tool for kids and students to learn about native bees without having to worry about getting stung
- Fun to watch as they pack mud into nesting blocks to protect their developing offspring